View Single Post
Old 10th August 2012, 09:14 AM   #11
Careyp74
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Femke View Post
I'm having doubts with this story. All evidence seems to come from one 11 year old girl. It is not uncommon for an 11 year old to fabricate gruesome stories, where they are the centre of interest. Imagine how important it makes you feel if the police comes to save you, and everybody believes you, and makes you tell it over and over again. And Dad is taken away for being strict with you, yay.

One comment said: the father has a history of abuse, while all I got out of the story was that he was once accused of abuse, which is not the same.

If it is true I am appalled by both parents, and they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. But I am not convinced just yet.
I agree with you. All accusations need to be investigated when it comes to children, but to assume he is guilty from the article is a bit preemptive.

I wonder if there were any signs of abuse when the girl went to the friend's house and told the dragging story? I would think that being dragged by one foot across a gravel driveway would leave a mark. That is an obvious question the reporter should have asked before reporting.
Careyp74 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top