View Single Post
Old 10th August 2012, 10:47 AM   #12
PitPat
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Femke View Post
I'm having doubts with this story. All evidence seems to come from one 11 year old girl. It is not uncommon for an 11 year old to fabricate gruesome stories, where they are the centre of interest. Imagine how important it makes you feel if the police comes to save you, and everybody believes you, and makes you tell it over and over again. And Dad is taken away for being strict with you, yay.

One comment said: the father has a history of abuse, while all I got out of the story was that he was once accused of abuse, which is not the same.

If it is true I am appalled by both parents, and they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. But I am not convinced just yet.

Indeed. The article I read said the girl had previously lied about being abused.

Quote:
Hurley, the attorney, said the 11-year-old has some "opposition issues" and had complained to her parents several years ago about being abused by a half-sibling. He said the parents contacted authorities and the half-sibling was arrested, but that the girl confessed months later that the incident never happened and that she just didn't want the half-sibling living in the house.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss

It doesn't nullify the need for a thorough investigation, of course.
PitPat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top