View Single Post
Old 24th June 2019, 08:20 AM   #237
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by mumblethrax View Post
Gender encompasses all social, cultural, and psychological aspects of masculinity and femininity, and thus is broader than "The sex you want to be" (at the very least, it also includes "the behavior other people expect of you").
1. Actual sexual biological differences that you can't change (outside of actual medical sexual reassignment surgery).

2. Social roles placed on the sexes (Men have to do this, Women have to do this, Girls are expected to do this, boys are expected to do this) that we should be working to get rid of.

3. A magical third category I keep getting told exists that seems to consist of nothing but the parts of #2 that people want to keep for the sole purpose of subverting.

What am I missing? What variable am I not accounting for?

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 24th June 2019 at 08:25 AM.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top