View Single Post
Old 4th January 2018, 02:49 AM   #1392
Eddie Dane
Philosopher

Originally Posted by rayheno View Post
Hi ,
I am just wondering if you know of any other crypto coins that look to have good prospects going forward. I have done quite well out of Ripple and Stellar, any insights you have are very welcome
You can follow John mcAffee on Twitter.

He's essentially a paid promotor of cryptos and will recommend new ones.

Mind you: he's probably just getting money from people to pump and dump currencies, but I've read that everything he promotes shoots up in the short term. It's like riding pump-and-dumps within a bubble.

Extremely risky, but if you take profits in much-maligned dollars occasionally, it may make you money.

Reddit has a very active subforum that is very informative. it is also an information bubble filled with true believers. make sure to consume sceptical voices in addition or you will essentially be in a cult.

On youtube I've found two people who are invested in cryptos, competent, yet not wide-eyed idealists:
Crypto Investor
Trader of futures

That last one has recently been making more videos warning people that they shouldn't take out a second mortgage and invest it in Bitcoin. Apparently, he's very spooked by how blindly people believe that this will go to the moon and are literally betting the house.

Personally, I have not invested in cryptos yet. I am interested in ICO's for cool technical products with proven user cases (not just a whitepaper, my 12-year-old daughter can write a whitepaper). But I'm unsure about how they work, so I'm still looking into it.