View Single Post
Old 6th January 2016, 09:41 AM   #162
SomedayGirl
Muse

Quote:
I speculate he may have used a sweaty shirt to wipe everything down. As he wiped, it got bloody, and transferred some of that blood.
Then the blood would look a smear. It doesn't. They look like drops that have been smeared. Here's one of them. The only other one I've seen is the drop on the driver door jamb but I can't find it online.

https://wronglyconvictedgroup.files....-min.png?w=474

To me that's pretty clearly two drops that got smeared (next to each other but in two different directions), not something already bloody that got wiped onto the dashboard. Also the only DNA recovered from Avery inside the the cabin of the vehicle was from blood, none from another source like sweat.

truethat, you asked earlier of not Avery then who? The strongest possibility I think is Scott Taydch, Barb Janda's then boyfriend/ now husband and Brendan's step father, perhaps with Bobby Dassey. They both place Halbach on the property between 2:30 and 3 and are each other's alibi (each says they saw the other driving away from the property). Problem with that is there is two other witnesses, the school bus driver and the propane truck driver, who put Halbach on the property between 3:30 and 3:45.

Furthermore, Taydch has scratches on his back when examined by police which he says he got playing with a puppy, he was trying to sell a .22 rifle in the days immediately after Halbach was last seen, and was described by a co-worker as "a nervous wreck" on the day of Avery's arrest. Finally, several people have said Taydch didn't like Avery.

There's more but I haven't really pursued this angle too closely. Other possibilities are the ex-boyfriend who broke into Halbach's voicemail after she'd gone missing and says he may have deleted a few messages and the person who was harassing Halbach who is never identified as near as I can find.

--Susan B. Anthony
SomedayGirl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top