View Single Post
Old 6th January 2016, 10:55 AM   #174
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Originally Posted by truethat View Post
Again, there's a dead body on your property and a key has been found in your room that you know you didn't put there.

You hung out with your nephew at 6 pm. A dead body turns up on your property later. Then your nephew starts confessing and saying YOU did it with him.

Wouldn't you wonder what was going on? Wouldn't you think for a moment, wait HE is the one who is trying to frame me. He's saying "I did it?" What's going on. I'm not talking about in the interrogation room where cops are known to lie. I'm talking later after Dassey is arrested.

I think you know the point I'm making and you're rationalizing it away. I can understand your points.

I'm just saying these things are what convince me he did it. (In my personal unprofessional opinion)

I'm a true crime junky. And two common ways they regularly catch people are because they LIE and get caught in a lie. (The phone call, him saying she never showed up.....etc)

And they already know information about the crime that only the perpetrator could know.

For example, cases where a victim is covered in blood on the floor and the person on 911 says "She's been shot in the head!!" when they just arrived a few minutes ago. They already know what happened.

That's how he comes across to me. He already knows what happened. You can see the detective trying to trip him up in the interrogation with this line of questioning.

"Here's what happened....."

"No that's not what happened......."

"Ok then tell me what happened......"

And Avery dodging it well. (It's a common interrogation trick.)
It's weird that you keep chastising people for being lemmings beholden to what the documentary depicted, and at the same time base your opinion on what Avery did or did not wonder based on... what the documentary depicted.

The filmmakers shot thousands of hours of footage over the course of a decade all edited down to ten hours. You might ask yourself if maybe you didn't actually see Avery's every waking moment and were not made privy to his every thought.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top