View Single Post
Old 6th January 2016, 05:25 PM   #197
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Originally Posted by truethat View Post
Actually no it is interesting you say it was her ex boyfriend. I didn't know that and it would make me more critical of him.

But it's out of left field. When I talk about critical thinking it's what I'm pointing out (and probably why the judge didn't let them introduce this.....let me guess you think the judge is framing him too right?)

I'm pointing out that that's not how critical thinking works. You don't just guess and throw out any wild theory you can think of.

The reason they weren't allowed to accuse other people is that you need a motive, means etc.

What motive does the ex boyfriend have in killing her. Not...well maybe...... what actual motive?

What motive do the other people have? What means? The only one who even comes close to this is Bobby and he's got no motive.

So it's not just pitching a fit and throwing everything possible out there. I see this kind of problem a lot when evaluating argumentative writing skills in my clients. Many times they just throw idea after idea after idea at the reader without explaining a line of thought all the way through.

That is a lack of critical thinking sills.
I've thrown out no theories, "wild" or otherwise.

I'm simply pointed out the glaring flaws and malfeasances in the way this case was investigated, and offered plausible alternatives to your bizarrely entrenched beliefs.

Now, you may think it a "wild theory" that a man with no alibi might have something to do with his ex-girlfriend's disappearance and murder, but I encourage you to read up on crime statistics to disabuse yourself of that notion.

I'm not saying the ex-boyfriend committed the murder. I don't know one way or the other. But he certainly could have. And the reason that doubt lingers - no matter how objectionable you may find it - is because the police failed to eliminate him as a suspect. Had they done so - had they simply done their jobs - we wouldn't be having this discussion.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top