View Single Post
Old 30th December 2012, 06:03 PM   #187
rikzilla
Ninja wave: Atomic fire-breath ninja

Originally Posted by Ranb View Post
Actually it has been the last ten years or so. You ever read the banner at the top of the page? It says that this forum is "a place to discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly and lively way". That is the way it normally is.

But when guns come up for discussion, even not related to politics, people who discuss guns in a positive manner are open to personal attacks, libel and accusations of law breaking. I was sexually harassed on the forum for discussing guns for a year before the mods could be bothered to take any action to stop it. Some people who can be expected to be rational at most times will make up any bizarre claim they feel like and expect the others here to be stupid enough to believe it as long as it is about firearms. The mod team has told me that this is perfectly acceptable behavior, but criticizing it is not allowed.

On the JREF forum is it politically correct to bash gun owners just for discussing a hobby or when we correct the usual misconception that guns are illegal in the USA. If you do not believe me, ask Scrut, Crossbow, Tricky or any of the mods.

Ranb

Seems to me that gun owners are well represented here,...more so than they once were back in the before time...