View Single Post
Old 9th November 2017, 03:16 PM   #34
Butter!
Rough Around the Edges

Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
To me anyway, it's in the realm of criminology which I enjoy reading about as its a combination of some interesting disciplines; psychology, issues of society, criminal investigation, the legal system, how people deal with loss or trauma, etc. I like complex stuff that has many facets.
On that level, I can see it. I originally went to school for psychology and still find it interesting (just not enough jobs, so I went back for business management.)

But once someone bypasses the academic portion and starts trying to understand it on another level, an empathetic level or whatever, I believe it becomes an exercise in frustration. It can also be upsetting. Some minds are just broken.

And I also worry about lines blurring between discussions of consensual sadism enthusiasts and rapists. I've seen it happen before. They are not two sides of the same coin. Not even in the same purse, really.

Last edited by Butter!; 9th November 2017 at 03:42 PM.
Butter! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top