View Single Post
Old 8th March 2019, 01:36 PM   #25
Giz
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
With the way both Labor and the Tories appear to badly screwed up, the Lib Dems must be cursing the day they made that ill fated coalition with the Tories....
The lib dems are hardly safe from the virus of anti-Semitism. Consider just one of their more prominent MPs in the early 2000s, Jenny Tonge:

[on the Gaza strip] "a situation like the Warsaw ghetto."

[of Palestinian suicide bombers] "If I had to live in that situation and I say that advisedly I might just consider becoming one myself".

"The pro-Israeli lobby has got its grips on the western world, its financial grips. I think they've probably got a grip on our party"

Following Jeremy Corbyn's election as Leader of the Labour Party, Tonge said that she was considering joining Labour, having not seen the party as left-wing enough until then. Tonge expressed support for Corbyn and the former Labour MP Tony Benn: "I marched alongside Tony Benn and Jeremy Corbyn, one on either side. I went to Gaza with Jeremy Corbyn and we met Hamas leaders together".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenny_...mentary_career
Giz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top