View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2021, 10:30 PM   #9
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit

Originally Posted by grunion View Post
I have never been to the Swindled website, or that of any podcast I follow. It is as irrelevant to their podcast as their Instagram or MySpace page might be. Different medium.
While there are cautions about judging a book by its cover, their web site was my second point of contact for them (your link lauding their content was the first.) It left a terrible first impression. I'm left with the question, "If their website is so clueless and user-hostile, what's the podcast like?"

I'll download an episode to see if it's better than the web site. To their credit, they have that option for each episode.
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top