View Single Post
Old 18th June 2019, 11:12 AM   #208
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
I'm not one for conspiracy theories so I don't believe the results were rigged. But I do believe Stefanoni was essentially told to keep testing until they came up with something. I'm all but certain the egram for 36B is nothing more than lab contamination, and I suspect the suppressed results would have proven this. This also would confirm this was a deliberate effort to implicate Amanda and Raffaele.

I have no doubt that had the knife been tested by a neutral lab the results would have indicated a typical kitchen knife, used by Amanda to prepare food. It would not have been linked to the crime.

The prosecution was desperate to link Amanda to the crime and you can see that in the evidence they presented; the knife, Amanda's DNA in her own bathroom, Luminol positive prints proven not to be made with Meredith's blood, her infamous kiss and the 'tada', eating pizza. Everything is a massive stretch, that can only appear to be connected to the crime if you start out believing as much and go from there.
I agree with this. However, I also cannot help but suspect that the Italian macho cultural need to 'save face', especially in such a highly publicized case, played into their refusal to admit error and to dig their heels in. It may not have even been a conscious decision, but a subconscious one.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top