View Single Post
Old 19th June 2019, 07:59 AM   #227
Numbers
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
I was with you right up to the highlighted. I doubt these sites have any specific connection to anything. They merely represent a collection of people duped by early reports and who developed an obsessive hatred of Amanda. I've often said this has long since NOT been about Meredith or seeing justice for her. If it was, there would have been outrage over the leniency afforded Guede. After all, not even the prosecution ever claimed Guede didn't have a hand in Meredith's murder. You can hate more than one person for having committed a crime.

I'm also not convinced Guede was a protected 'informant'. Guede had no specific ties to anything of importance - at least none that have ever been disclosed. What possible information could Guede have been providing the police?

This is all just speculation and conjecture, but I still believe the most likely scenario is incompetence and the rush to solve the crime quickly. It was a botched investigation that led them to believe Amanda was involved. They jumped the gun, made a spectacle of themselves and then went about covering their own asses after they realized Guede committed the crime.

I've mentioned the case of Julie Rae Harper a few times when discussing this case. Julie was convicted of murdering her son but was later acquitted. It's a classic case of an inept investigation and of a prosecutor who got a theory in his head and refused to change his mind as evidence evolved. I found the following comments from one of the jurors who acquitted her especially interesting as it parallels this case to a t!
I believe this is a big part of the truth. But what it leaves out is that the "rush" to solve the crime quickly, in this Knox-Sollecito-Lumumba case involved violating Italian procedural and criminal laws by the police and prosecutor.

As proof of the violation of Italian criminal laws, Mignini and another prosecutor charged Amanda with calunnia against the police and Mignini for her statements in court, and in her appeal documents, for reciting her account of what had occurred during the interrogation. The Boninsegna court motivation report lists the specific crimes that the authorities believe Amanda was implicitly charging against the police and Mignini.
Numbers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top