View Single Post
Old 19th June 2019, 10:59 AM   #231
TomG
Muse

Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
The police were coercing Amanda to name someone whom she "knew" (in their opinion) had committed the rape/murder. Maybe they wanted or expected to coerce her to name Raffaele, or maybe they didn't care as long as it was a male. They may have had Lumumba picked out before the interrogation since they knew she worked with him and she had met him, If I recall correctly, for a few minutes (after her class, not at the pub) on Nov. 4 or 5. They did intentionally misrepresent what the text message meant, based on Donnino's testimony to the Boninsegna court. I don't see these events as compelling one to conclude that all this was done by the police to protect Guede. Nor does it compel one to conclude that the police were not protecting Guede. This same kind of missing the (real and sometimes obvious) suspect in pursuit of a police or prosecution theory that one or more (actually innocent) persons had committed the crime is an element in a number of wrongful convictions and exonerations in the US.
I think that there is ample evidence, as I've already posted that Rudy was being protected before the murder as well as after it. If there was no protection why not try all 3 together? Instead, Rudy was granted a fast-track trial when he should have been tried with K&S allowing their defence lawyers to cross-examine him. It was also concluded in Micheli that he didn't strike the fatal blow. A conclusion that is utterly impossible to arrive at from the evidence at the time. Even more so with M/B's conclusion that there was no evidence of anyone in Meredith's room at the time of the murder other than Rudy. There's no doubt in my mind that Rudy was being protected at the expense of K&S.

Hoots