View Single Post
Old 19th June 2019, 11:00 AM   #232
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
I disagree. Completely.

Those sites swallowed whole the tabloid coverage, which pretty much ran unopposed until the defence were finally able to present their case at the end of the 2009 trial. Up until then, Mignini's views held away. Those sites' main problem was accepting all of that uncritically.

My view is that Andrea Vogt had been the main, often same day source for Peggy Ganong's site. Vogt wrote mainstream articles for the Seattle press claiming that it had been the Seattle-based haters who were being harrassed!!! It was quite the partnership.

Swallowing whole what the prosecution wildly claimed, is a different phenomenon than being directly manipulated by them.
Agreed. I don't think the two sites were directly connected to the police/prosecution but I do think they were looked upon favorably by them and may have provided info through a third party, perhaps Vogt or even Nadeau.

Neither TJMK nor PMF ever attempted to look at evidence from a fair and/or open-mind perspective. Everything for them had to be interpreted through heavily guilt colored glasses. As time passed, the sites became even more ridiculous and hateful. Today, TJMK is the last refuge of a small handful of extremists who feed off each other in their echo chamber. I'd feel rather sorry for them if they weren't just so hateful.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top