View Single Post
Old 19th June 2019, 12:46 PM   #237
Numbers
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TomG View Post
I think that there is ample evidence, as I've already posted that Rudy was being protected before the murder as well as after it. If there was no protection why not try all 3 together? Instead, Rudy was granted a fast-track trial when he should have been tried with K&S allowing their defence lawyers to cross-examine him. It was also concluded in Micheli that he didn't strike the fatal blow. A conclusion that is utterly impossible to arrive at from the evidence at the time. Even more so with M/B's conclusion that there was no evidence of anyone in Meredith's room at the time of the murder other than Rudy. There's no doubt in my mind that Rudy was being protected at the expense of K&S.

Hoots
I absolutely agree that Rudy Guede was protected and coddled by the police and prosecutor Mignini after Guede was returned to Italy arrested.

Every measure you describe that protected or coddled Guede was meant to set him up as a potential witness against Amanda and Raffaele or to set up the results of his trial to be used against Amanda and Raffaele. The fast-track trial not only resulted in Guede getting a reduced sentence, it allowed for the conclusion of the proceedings against him to be concluded in time to be used, although improperly and illegally according to Italian law and Constitution as stated in the Marasca CSC panel motivation report, against Amanda and Raffaele in the proceedings against them.

Last edited by Numbers; 19th June 2019 at 12:47 PM.
Numbers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top