View Single Post
Old 17th November 2020, 05:04 PM   #338
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Cavemonster View Post
I'm not saying that I have absolute certainty that officials will go along with a Trump plan.

I'm saying that such a thing is not impossible simply because they said otherwise. I can't point to many examples of these very specific people's prior actions, partly because state level politicians more rarely rise to the national spotlight.

But I've seen enough of the party that approves of Trump 95% and made "Whatever Trump wants" the party platform for 2020, that I don't have confidence that politicians within that party will keep their word.

And after what we've seen for the past 12 years (at least) I don't think they've earned an assumption that they will keep their word.
It was claimed because the Republicans in the federal legislature were not good for their word that the state Republicans weren't.

So I asked for an equivalent example of state GOP legislators going back on a public statement that they made that they weren't going to overturn their state's voters.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top