View Single Post
Old 7th September 2018, 08:58 AM   #300
Henri McPhee
Illuminator

Originally Posted by byn63 View Post
In all the years since Fatal Vision (and Final Vision) were published not one single substantive error has been found. The same cannot be said of FJ or WOE.
Not everybody agrees with you about that. In the McGinniss court case in 1987 McGinniss confessed to a MacDonald defense lawyer that he did not even believe the amphetamine psychosis theory himself, yet he still kept it in his book. The matter is discussed at this website:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:J...nald/Archive_1

Quote:
WTF!!
!
Who the hell wrote this article, government prosecutor Brian Murtagh??? This article is seriously biased, and needs a complete NPOV rewrite from top to bottom. The website www.crimelibrary.com, which Wikipedia frequently uses as a reliable source of information on crime cases, has a very complete picture of the case, and numerous news articles can be found with quick google searches.

There is no mention of the fact that Joe McGinniss's book "Fatal Vision" has been pretty much proven to be a complete fabrication and act of fraud on McGinniss's part, and the entire article literally sounds like it is speaking with the POV of the (very biased) prosecution. In particular, the article presents "facts" that have not only never been proven, but for which there was never any credible evidence in the first place. There is no mention of the obvious coverups of the Army investigators in the 1970s, of the mishandling of evidence by government officials in the 1980s, and of the FBI's refusal to turn over evidence to the defense team, including materials that can be tested for DNA evidence.

Jeeze... I hate sounding like a conspiracy nut... ;-) but here is a case of very possible judicial impropriately on a massive scale, and the article needs to better reflect this fact. I'll try some editing of it over the next few days, but I don't have as much time to devote to WP as I used to.
func(talk) 04:50, 12 Feb 2005 (UTC)

Last edited by Henri McPhee; 7th September 2018 at 09:02 AM.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top