View Single Post
Old 7th September 2018, 01:47 PM   #302
Henri McPhee
Illuminator

I have always thought the confessions of Mitchell were disregarded as well as the confessions of Helena Stoeckley. That was clearly erroneous by the very bad judges in the MacDonald case and the CID and FBI. An example of this comes from that evidentiary hearing transcript in 2012 which JTF found with former CID agent Ivory being cross-examined by a MacDonald defense lawyer:

Quote:
Q. OKAY. AND IF I COULD TAKE YOU TO DEFENSE EXHIBIT 5029,2 AND DOES THAT APPEAR TO BE AN AFFIDAVIT OF AN EVERETT MORSE?3 A. YES, IT IS.4 (DEFENSE EXHIBIT NUMBER 50295 WAS IDENTIFIED FOR THE RECORD.)6 Q. OKAY. AND WOULD YOU READ THE HIGHLIGHTED PORTION OF7 PARAGRAPH TWO?8 A. FROM IN OR ABOUT AUGUST 1972 TO 1974, WHILE I WAS A9 STUDENT AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA IN CHARLOTTE,10 NORTH CAROLINA, I RESIDED AT 6400 COUNTRYSIDE DRIVE, APARTMENT11 NUMBER TWO, LOCATED IN THE CITY OF CHARLOTTE. 12 Q. THANK YOU. COULD YOU READ THE HIGHLIGHTED PORTION OF13 PARAGRAPH THREE?14 A. DURING THE TIME I LIVED AT COUNTRYSIDE APARTMENTS A MAN15 BY THE NAME OF GREG MITCHELL LIVED ACROSS THE STREET. 16 Q. AND COULD YOU READ THE HIGHLIGHTED PORTION OF PARAGRAPH17 FIVE?18 A. A FEW DAYS AFTER I MENTIONED THAT I NEEDED GOLF BALLS,19 MITCHELL PRODUCED A CASE OF NEW GOLF BALLS AND DEMANDED THAT I20 PAY HIM FOR HIM. I WAS IN HIS APARTMENT AT THE TIME. WHEN I21 STATED THAT I DID NOT WANT THE GOLF BALLS AND WOULD NOT PAY22 FOR THEM MITCHELL BECAME VERY ANGRY AT ME. HE TOLD ME, YOU23 NEED TO TAKE THESE, REFERRING TO THE GOLF BALLS, AND TOLD ME24 THAT IF I DID NOT TAKE AND PAY FOR THE GOLF BALLS HE WOULD25
Case 3:75-cr-00026-F Document 320 Filed 11/21/12 Page 163 of 204
Ivory/Cross Page 865
September 20, 2012
MURDER ME AS HE MURDERED JEFFREY MACDONALD'S FAMILY. I BECAME1 EXTREMELY FRIGHTENED WHEN MITCHELL MADE THIS THREAT BECAUSE I2 HAD OBSERVED THE GUNS AND KNIVES IN HIS APARTMENT ON NUMEROUS3 OCCASIONS. AFTER THREATENING ME, MITCHELL ISSUED ANOTHER4 THREAT TELLING ME THAT IF I EVER MENTIONED HIS INVOLVEMENT IN5 THE MACDONALD MURDERS TO ANYONE HE WOULD KILL ME.6 Q. ALL RIGHT. AND CAN YOU READ THE SIGNATURE LINE? DOES IT7 APPEAR TO BE SIGNED BY EVERETT MORSE?8 A. EVERETT MORSE, YES.9 Q. AND DOES IT APPEAR TO BE NOTARIZED BY A NOTARY PUBLIC?10 A. YES.11 Q. WHICH, IN YOUR EXPERIENCE, WOULD MEAN HE WAS SWORN BEFORE12 HE MADE THE STATEMENT?13 A. I DON'T KNOW.14 Q. WELL, IN YOUR EXPERIENCE, IS THAT WHAT A NOTARY DOES15 BEFORE THEY WITNESS A SIGNATURE OR DO YOU NOT KNOW?
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top