View Single Post
Old 8th September 2018, 09:32 AM   #306
Henri McPhee
Illuminator

Brisentine testified at the MacDonald trial in 1979. He made some statement once, which is probably still in the depths of the CID evidence somewhere, that the chances of both Stoeckley and Cathy Perry both saying they were there at the MacDonald murders and it not being true was very small. Cathy Perry, who is now deceased, went off her head and her parents then insisted that she categorically denied it all when she was interviewed by CID agents. I still think it was a mistake for Brisentine to give Mitchell or Fowler a pass after being polygraphed:

http://www.crimearchives.net/1979_ma...risentine.html

Quote:
That she desired to attend the MacDonald funerals but did not attend as none of her friends would accompany her. That she went into hiding to evade police arrest subsequent to the homicides and considered fleeing from Fayetteville, North Carolina. That she knew the identity of the persons who killed Mrs. MacDonald and her children. That if the Army would give her immunity from prosecution, she would furnish the identity of those offenders who committed the murder and explain the circumstances surrounding the homicides.
Q That concludes the gist of the statement she made to you; is that correct, Mr. Brisentine?
A On the 23rd; yes, sir. That's not the 24th.
Q All right, now, did she make a statement to you on the 24th?
A She did.
Q What did she say?
A On the 24th Ms. Stoeckley related she had been incorrect in her statements and had, and I quote, "talked too much," and that she only suspected some people of committing the homicides. At this time, Ms. Stoeckley stated that she suspected Don Harris, a Caucasian male, who told her after the homicide that he must leave Fayetteville, North Carolina, as he could not find an alibi for the time of the murders; Bruce Fowler, the owner of a blue Mustang automobile in which she, Ms. Stockley, was a passenger or a driver on the night of the homicides; Janet Fowler, wife of Bruce Fowler and who was employed as a go-go dancer in Fayetteville, North Carolina, at the time of the homicides.
I should digress here, sir. I later learned this lady's name was Janice Fowler -- not Janet Fowler.
Q All right.
A Joe Kelley, a Negro soldier who was assigned to a medical holding detachment at Womack Army Hospital, Fort Bragg, North Carolina, at the time of the homicides; and a Negro male she knew only as "Eddie" who introduced her -- Ms. Stockley -- to heroin.

Last edited by Henri McPhee; 8th September 2018 at 09:34 AM.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top