Thread: [Continuation] The Trump Presidency: Part 19
View Single Post
Old 4th March 2020, 10:41 PM   #4045
Cabbage
Banned

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
I grant that Trump supporters act a great deal like cult followers, but volunteering to nuke a city if their leader requested it, doesn’t that fall into the category of whack-a-doodle, far-out outliers? How many folks made that claim? One? Two? Three?

If less than 1 in 1,000,000 people in a group display a trait, it is not really fair to say that characteristic is representative of the group?

That's actually a very good point. Yes, I would very much like to compare what ratio of Trump supporters believe in him like a Cult God with the ratio for Bernie's supporters. Again, I'm willing to bet Bernie's come out much better.

I'd also like to remind everyone: Don't take for granted that everyone presenting themselves on social media as Bernie (or Trump) supports are legit. I'd also be willing to bet that a significant number are trolls (Russian and otherwise), many times trying to portray the supporters in a bad light, many times trying to radicalize the legit supporters.
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top