Thread: [Continuation] The Trump Presidency: Part 19
View Single Post
Old 5th March 2020, 12:23 AM   #4049
TofuFighter
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
Nevertheless, I don't think that makes them comparable to Trump supporters. Hell, some Obama voters ended up voting for Trump in 2016, does that make you want to wage a hate campaign against Obama, too? I think some of you are holding Bernie to a ridiculous and unique standard.
This post is kinda off the rails.

There's no evidence in this thread of anyone 'waging a hate campaign' against Bernie Sanders or even suggesting it. None of the above posts even make reference to Bernie himself, so it makes no sense to me to assert that anyone here is holding him to any kind of standard, let alone a ridiculous one.

All that's been pointed out is that there are, and will always be, supporters of any given strong political personality (trump, Sanders, Obama all included) that will say things or act in a particular way, due to their emotional investment in 'their candidate' that is irrational, and that irrationality is exactly the similarity between them.

Criticism of some supporters of any given personality is not a criticism of them all, and it's not a criticism of you, as your response seems to suggest is the way you feel. Naturally a lot of democratic voters would balk at any suggestion that they are in any way like trump supporters, as you have, but there's a pretty reasonable argument that, in some ways, it's just an inescapable fact.
TofuFighter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top