View Single Post
Old 21st October 2012, 07:50 PM   #8
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Scopedog View Post
I don't mean to derail but I know that recovered memory via hypnotherapy is common among purveyors of these sort of things. I've always suspected that if a hypnotherapist believes in satanic ritual abuse then their patient's recovered memories will always be of satanic ritual abuse. However, if the hypnotist believes in alien abduction then the patient's recovered memories will be of alien abduction. If the hypnotherapist believes in reincarnation then their patient will have past lives. If the hypnotherapist believes in multiple personalities then their patients will have multiple personalities. Is this true? Are there studies or articles about this?
I, too, have been making this point for some time. There was a paper presented at a Physiological conference in Toronto some time (decades) ago that had such an analysis and was reported in the Toronto Star. Finding it today would take a considerable effort.