View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2012, 12:12 PM   #28
Altus
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
Thanks very much for the info. I added the links to your quoted post. ^
(ETA: I voted down the positive reviews at Amazon and voted up the negative ones.)

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the links and the welcome. Thanks ESPECIALLY for taking some action on this issue by going to Judy Byington’s Twenty-Two Faces Amazon page and clicking an up for Doug Mesner’s review of Twenty-Two Faces and a down for the endorsements of this potentially harmful book.

There are over 1,000 views on this JREF thread. Big opportunity here for a little skeptical activism from all of us viewing.

Here’s the deal, as a poster detailed here, people go to these “therapists” for all sorts of things that have nothing to do with any troubled past. They end up being sucked down a rabbit hole of Satanic Ritual Abuse and it can screw people up for life as it becomes part of their personal narrative. From what I’ve seen of Jenny Hill, she’s pretty messed up, and according to her sister who posted in a forum detailed in Doug’s account, Judy Byington played no small role in that.

We can’t all take on Dr. Phil and or get the licensing board of Utah to take action as Doug is attempting, but we can go to Judy Byington’s Amazon page for Twenty-Two Faces and do a few clicks so that Doug’s review gets top billing on the opening page. Just having that perspective go to the top of the heap might cause a few folks---and some journalists---to think twice about giving Judy Byington and others a free pass and the power to suck more folks down the rabbit hole of SRA.

Last edited by Altus; 23rd October 2012 at 12:31 PM.
Altus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top