View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2012, 03:54 PM   #33
douglas mesner
Thinker

Thank you! In what I write, I try to strike a balance between being entertaining, so as to attract a general audience that may have no academic interest in these issues, while also not marginalizing the fact that people are being seriously hurt, lives are being ruined, because of a false notion of the mind that irresponsible therapists refuse to correct. The horrifying part is that this never did go away after the Satanic Panic faded -- the therapists who are purveyors of this nonsense simply became more aware that pursuing legal action against their imagined perpetrators was a dangerous course of action. Now, they simply cultivate delusions of abuse while assuring their exploited clients that they simply cannot pursue remediation because -- the conspiracy theory goes -- the False Memory Syndrome Foundation is simply too strong of a lobby with ties to the CIA (I kid you not). Just this month, the International Society for the Study of Trauma & Dissociation (ISSTD) hosted a lecture on "ritual abuse" at their annual conference given by hysterical Satanic cult fear-mongers Ellen Lacter and Valerie Sinason -- both of them, quite literally, are witch-hunters.
douglas mesner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top