View Single Post
Old 13th November 2019, 05:44 AM   #254
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by 3point14 View Post
My Precis, you mean?

Okay, Not entirely sure how I'm misleading, I'll do it verbatim.

The post reads:

"My Dad's insurance is now demanding hepay back several $1000s for cancer drugs they covered at the beginning of his treatment

Why? Because they didn't work & he had an allergic reaction

They are robbing a cancer patient because his meds didn't work."
No, not you!

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The kid's tweet posted in the subreddit sounds like an inaccurate paraphrase of whatever crap the insurance company is doing.

Like, I believe the kid that the insurance company is saying they're not responsible for paying the bill, but I doubt they're claiming it's because the meds didn't work, and because there was an allergic reaction.

It sound more like the insurance company is refusing to pay a doctor for some reason, claiming the doctor was incompetent, and the doctor is probably handing the bill to the patient. Something like that.
"We are enjoined, no matter how uncomfortable it might be, to consider ourselves and our cultural institutions scientifically — not to accept uncritically whatever we’re told; to surmount as best we can our hopes, conceits, and unexamined beliefs; to view ourselves as we really are." - Carl Sagan

Last edited by kellyb; 13th November 2019 at 05:46 AM.
kellyb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top