Thread: [Continuation] The Trump Presidency, Part II
View Single Post
Old 4th July 2017, 01:30 AM   #147
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by McHrozni View Post
Not really. Trump has more people calling for his impeachment than supporting him at the moment. These numbers aren't bound to improve anytime soon.

http://www.newsweek.com/support-dona...-rating-631212

All in all even if Trump does air all sorts of real and fake dirty laundry, you can wear it as a badge of honor and it'll win you more support than it'll cost you. Without major upheavals, Trump will receive 40% of votes and you need to obtain enough of the rest to defeat him. It's not easy or pretty, but it's a better chance than most. A politician has only about 5-6 shots to become a president, I'm sure the Democrat party can produce 1-2 viable candidates per election cycle and not run out of potential presidents.

McHrozni
I agree with the highlighted. For too long, politicians of every stripe have gone into full meltdown when anything which can be perceived as being negative is brought up. Quite often the denial, cover up and explanation is far more damaging than the original allegation ever was.

- You said this forty years ago when you were in college
- No I didn't
- Yes you did here's the transcript
- Well yes I said it but I didn't mean it then and I don't mean it now
(the politician is now a proven liar and flip-flopper)

Contrast this with the "owning it" approach

- You said this forty years ago when you were in college
- Yes, guess I was a bit of an ass in college let me explain how I've changed
(the politician looks human)

edited to add....

In any case the comment to which you were referring related only to GOP challengers to Trump.

Last edited by The Don; 4th July 2017 at 01:31 AM.
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top