Thread: [Continuation] The Trump Presidency, Part II
View Single Post
Old 4th July 2017, 03:41 AM   #159
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
I agree with you but I can't come up with someone who fits the highlight. Warren is out (too old). Ditto Sanders. Who?

If the Dems could find (or get?) a Jon Huntsman, they could run the board. He's not my ideal but he would get nearly all the middle roaders.

As I sit here now, it looks to me the Dems have a very weak bench. Having said that, I do recognize that at this time in 2008 I would not have known who Obama was.
I'm not close enough to US politics to know. By the time they appear on the UK media, they've already made it into the mainstream.

I thought Kamala Harris was impressive recently and I realise that her views on abortion, gun control and the death penalty will not endear her to GOP voters but it may get Democratic Party supporters out especially if she embraces being liberal and/or progressive rather than appearing to be embarrassed.
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top