View Single Post
Old 29th July 2017, 10:38 PM   #50
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
You say that you are not suggesting that she owes anyone anything but then immediately say that there is more that she can do. You also say that there is a lot of talk about injustice, less visible action. You seem to be contradicting yourself.

You are right about the fact that she owes no one anything. But bringing attention to wrongful convictions and how they happen is important. Knowledge can help prevent future wrongful convictions and help right past and current ones.
Yes, indeed I am saying she owes no one anything. I could then say "but" there is more she could do. But I mean "however", as in.

1. Amanda Knox owes no one. eg Think Donald Trump
2. There is more she can do as she now has a voice.

Both statements are true, and of course I don't know what cases are occupying her. Typically she would make it known if she has a specific case, I guess I am curious. On IA people make it plain what cases they are working on for example.

I will give an example of a group in New Zealand PPIP I think
An independent body formed 2 years ago and said their first two cases were Michael October and Scott Watson, both convicted of murder.

I follow closely the local cases, and there has not been an utterance since I have been aware of. Well, not quite true I suppose Chris Gallavin made a substantial documentary on the Watson case.

May be I do too much stream of consciousness....

Last edited by Samson; 29th July 2017 at 10:56 PM.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top