View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2019, 07:50 PM   #7
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
You have been asked.... by whom? Will they negotiate? Say, number them 1 through 33 and let the person demanding that you debunk the list pick any three items. They're all probably as easily disproved as the four or five I picked, but there's no one source. Idiots have been sending this list, with revisions, for years.

It's a combination of misheard or out-of-context items (check out "My Muslim Faith"), outright lies (No Jewelry on Ramadan) and the usual idiots repeating crap from a satirical site and embellishing it (Obama launched program of mandatory teaching of the Koran).
Yes. I should have been more specific. A close friend stumbled across this crap on someone else’s Facebook feed. She wants to rebut each point to show how wrong this other person is. I speculated that actual evidence might not be well-received by someone who reposts unsupported BS such as this stuff, but my friend is adamant that this bigotry not go unchallenged.

I think I can find most of these items in many of the familiar places. I was just hoping to save a lot of internet legwork by doing some one-stop-shopping as it were.

Also, at this point, I kind of want to do it just so that this thread can be a single location for rebutting these particular claims. I occasionally see this board as more than just a place to just bloviate, opine, pontificate, and otherwise shoot the ****.