View Single Post
Old 12th November 2012, 07:19 AM   #4052
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
Originally Posted by Jabba View Post
- The following is why, in broadest terms, the issue of blood and “serum clot retraction rings” is relevant to our debate re the validity of a carbon dating of the 14th century for the Shroud.
- I claim that the probability of a 14th century artist being able to create an image that includes numerous “serum clot retraction rings” on it approaches zero. Since I constitute one of the sides in this debate, my claim is relevant by definition.
- See what I mean?
--- Jabba
No.

No competent scientist with access to the cloth has ever documented blood, much less "serum contraction rings", on the cloth which was not "wrapped" around the anatomically incorrect, stylized representation of a human in typical Byzantine style. A cloth which, BTW, has been competently and accurately dated by three independent laboratories as a medieval artifact.

Any claims made about the medieval artifact are relevant only to the extent that evidence can be produced to support them.
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top