View Single Post
Old 13th April 2008, 12:03 PM   #7
Blackdog
Critical Thinker

For some background on my previous post this is what I posted on the BFF a while back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Noll
...Owen assumes that the subject seen in all three instances (woman and son sighting, Owen sighting and video) are in fact the same subject.
Not according to Lori's father who posts as bbcoug;

[removed broken link]

Originally Posted by bbcoug on Melissa'a forum
It was the info in this second post however, that validated what my son-in-law Owen has said from the beginning. The creature running across the mountainside was NOT the creature he had seen. The primary reason was the size. The one on the hill looked smaller.

[removed broken link]

Originally Posted by bbcoug on Melissa'a forum
Lori and Owen's sighting actually occurred in 3 phases.
The first, is when Diane in their group saw the "man in a dark suit" run 600 feet down the mountainside to where it stopped in some trees by a fence line.

The second phase, Diane called to Owen to come quick because she (now) thought it was Bigfoot. Owen ran to the uphill side of her camper and looked right into the face of the creature. They were about 100 yards apart. Owen estimated it was around 6.5 to 7 feet tall. They looked at each other momentarily and it ducked back into the trees. I often tease Owen about who scared who the most in that incident. I reminded him that it was the animal that ducked.

The third phase is when they called to Lori to bring the camcorder. She immediately started to take pictures of the hill. Nothing. The creature was now nowhere in sight. She kept on shooting and suddenly it made an appearance about at the same location we thought that it came down from in phase 1. Lori got about 22 seconds of the creature running across the hill. Later analysis indicated that the creature running across the hill was only 5.5 to 6 feet tall. Now think about this a minute, why the discrepancy on heights? Either Owen miscaculated or, there was another adult in that sighting. Please keep in mind that if it was the mother, she would have had to have the kid with her, or she would have left the child by itself under the trees. You see how all of this is starting to tie in. This is a loop hole, but miracles do happen. The BFRO site was sent a report of another sighting just a few days ago. This sighting happened almost 11 years ago, at the same lake, about the same location we think, only that occurrence happened 7 days earlier than the Memorial Day sighting. In this later report, he estimated that the animal stood 6.5 to 7 feet tall, using the cattle fence as a height comparison. Now all of a sudden Owen was right. This was another creature in that area. They were obviously looking at a Sasquatch family. By the way, the witness in the later sighting looked at the creature for about 5 minutes thru binoculars. About an hour later it came out a second time and he looked at it somemore with the glasses.

bolding mine

And here

Originally Posted by bbcoug
Owen always insisted that the thing behind the fence was somewhere around 6.5 to 7 feet tall. The thing running across the hill was around 5.5 to 6 feet.

These are fairly recent posts that contradict your point. Maybe Lori's dad is making stuff up or isn't privy to Owens true thoughts but there is a contradiction. Who is right? Maybe we'll never know if we don't ask questions.

I honestly don't think anyone can say that this is inconsequential when we're continually discussing the validity of eyewitness accounts.

This post has been edited by Paul1968UK: Apr 4 2008, 12:17 PM Reason for edit: Removed broken links
The posts that were referenced as a broken link and removed by Paul Vella were redirecting to Melissa's forum (Search for Bigfoot Forum). She recently purged a bunch of people from her forum and closed it down from public view during a recent dust up and I can no longer view her board to know if the links are actually broken or just inaccessible. They were direct quotes from bbcoug who claims to be Lori Pate's father.

Noll suggested that what Lori's father said should not be given much credence because he wasn't there during the filming and therefore what he had to say was a second hand story. On the other hand Noll (who wasn't there either) wants everyone to take his second hand story as gospel.
Blackdog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top