View Single Post
Old 14th April 2008, 07:04 AM   #11
SweatyYeti
Master Poster

Astrophotographer wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
SweatyYeti wrote:
You say that my analysis is not a "careful and critical evaluation of the evidence", Astro....but I noticed that you didn't point out even one specific flaw in any of my statements concerning what the evidence shows.

I have. I have asked you to prove your claim that it is an infant. You refuse to do so. Instead, I get....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweaty Yeti
For instance....I said that the 2-frame animated gif unambiguously shows the lifted object moves upward after the visible arm can be seen moving downwards.
Is that not true? Is the line in the second frame higher than the line in the first frame?

This is your interpretation of the film.

You are WRONG, Astro....on two counts.

First....you haven't pointed out one specific flaw in my analysis...other than your disagreeing with what I think the result of my analysis shows is the most likely explanation.

Second...My statement, quoted above, is not "my interpretation" of the height of the two lines in the 2-frame animated gif.

It's not an opinion as to whether one line is higher than the other line.
It's an objective fact. If you think that I'm wrong in stating that the 2nd line is higher than the first line....then feel free to demonstrate that.

If you can't demonstrate that....then you haven't given me, or anyone else, any reason to think that I'm wrong in saying the object continues to lift up higher in that sequence of frames.

I don't care whether or not you want to answer the question I asked you, regarding the lines in that gif. I'm not asking you again....because, as I said in my last post....you're not interested in providing any counter-analysis....and neither are you interested in directly answering my questions.
All you are interested in is asking me to "prove it's a Bigfoot w/infant"....and that's something I can't do, because I don't know for sure that it is a real Bigfoot.

Quote:
Can you provide me with measurements and values that can be quantified to demonstrate it is an infant being held up in the air by it's mother. That in itself defies logic. I am unaware of any mother primate (except maybe a human), that takes its own infant and holds it up in the air as it is running like a football player about to score a touchdown.

I've never said that the video shows "a mother lifting an infant up in the air as it runs".

What I think is happening in the video, is that when the subject reappears into view....the subject first lifts the infant up onto it's shoulders, and, after walking 2 or 3 steps (positioning and steadying the infant), lets-go of it, at which point the infant quickly sits upright. I think that 'straightening-up of the infant' is what the quick rise in the subject's height actually is...

In this version I paused one frame, which I think shows the infant initially being lifted up...to then be placed down onto the subject's shoulders...

In this 3-frame gif....I placed lines at the top of the subject to show the change in height...from higher (infant being initially lifted-up), to lower (infant lowered onto the shoulders), and then higher again (infant sitting upright)...

One significant detail to notice is that during the entire lift sequence, the shape of the subject's head continually changes. The reason for that is simple....the lifted object is being moved around.

It's not due to "background noise", as someone suggested....because in the entire first segment of the video, when the subject is running....the shape of it's head does not change.
If it was due to background noise, the head would be changing shape throughout the video.

One more nail in the "mask theory's" coffin....if the lift is just a mask being flipped-up, why does it take 3 or 4 steps...the whole lift sequence...for the subject to lift it up??

(Answer...it doesn't take that long to lift up a mask...it's not a mask. )

That's the end of my analysis of the MD Video on this board.

The way I see it...if skeptics here can't readily admit that Patty's fingers bend...when it's very clear that they do...they'll never have anything constructive to contribute to the analysis of this video.

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."

Last edited by SweatyYeti; 14th April 2008 at 07:13 AM.
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top