View Single Post
Old 10th June 2011, 11:33 AM   #410
calebprime
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Larechar View Post
... Those are just side-notes. The only thing that really matters is growth and happiness, which every human is attempting to attain or sustain. Creating friendships with those you encounter is also very important.

Since you said this, and put it baldly, I have to disagree.

Some of us believe that it's better not to aim directly at happiness. To put it a little parodoxically, some of us are happier not being happy.

Also, I find I'm better off avoiding "friendships" with most of the people that I encounter, although getting along with them is necessary. Friendship implies an engaged, thoughtful relationship, with caring, commitment, etc. That would be quite impossible goal and an undesirable one for both me and the people I see in my everyday life. It's better that we're not friends. We would bore each other to tears, and irritate each other if we engaged.

Oh, and I forgot "growth", which is either meaningless or impossible beyond a certain point.

Last edited by calebprime; 10th June 2011 at 01:06 PM.
calebprime is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top