View Single Post
Old 11th June 2011, 03:29 PM   #431
Larechar
Thinker

Originally Posted by MuDPhuD View Post
reaching some higher plane of consciousness by starving your brain of fuel,
This entire thread may have been derailed, actually. My bad. I was referring to fasting as a means to prolong one's life and detoxify the body.
In an earlier post I mentioned fasting has nothing to do with enlightenment.

eta
Originally Posted by Joey McGee View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calorie_restriction
Quote:
Caloric restriction is one of the few dietary interventions shown to increase both median and maximum lifespan in a variety of species, among them yeast, fish, rodents and dogs. There are ongoing studies on whether CR works in nonhuman primates, on its effects on human health, and on the metabolic parameters associated with CR in other species. The results so far are positive, but the studies are not yet complete, due to the long lifespan of the species.

It's a whole fad now. People are seriously following CR diets and blogging about them. It's a very interesting phenomenon which much promise.
I understand why the null hypothesis is important; while there are ongoing studies, however, I will remain neutral verging on woo, as a null hypothesis is just a null hypothesis.

That said, I will conduct my own studies, as well.

Last edited by Larechar; 11th June 2011 at 03:43 PM.
Larechar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top