View Single Post
Old 15th May 2012, 02:19 PM   #90
portlandatheist
Illuminator

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
I'm not very happy at the way he was treated. As far as I'm concerned Pete Bethune is the definition of a hero.
I had no idea who he was so I read the wiki article:
Quote:
Bethune disassociated himself from Sea Shepherd by posting an open letter on his Facebook page on 4 October 2010, condemning the organisation and its leader Paul Watson as "dishonest" and "morally bankrupt". According to his letter, he was directed by Paul Watson to sink the Ady Gil deliberately for PR purposes after the collision with the Japanese whaling ship. He insists that the senior members of Sea Shepherd regularly lie and conspire over the serious matters, detailing many cases in his letter.[56][57] Pete Bethune has since founded his own conservation organisation, Earthrace Conservation
These organizations get along about as well as the Judean People's Front and the People's Front of Judea.

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
I don't think the hunters in Barrow are pretending to be "collecting samples for research" though.

I do know there's a difference and I respect what they do.

Japan isn't happy unless they're involved in some sort of slaughter though.
I'm genuinely curious: What do you see as such a huge distinction between what the Inuit do and what the Japanese do? One you respect and the other you abhor. Is it just the guise of "research"?
portlandatheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top