View Single Post
Old 15th May 2012, 02:56 PM   #92
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
I'm not as much a wordsmith as I'd like. I get killed in Words with Friends.

What I should have said is they'll never tell you they're something they're not. They don't pretend to be anything other than what they are. Everything they do is to protect the whales. Everything. They never pretend otherwise.
How foolish can one be? All this lying pirate has to do is say he is protecting whales and all the eco-nuts with no brains write him checks.

He can't legitimately claim to have established any conservation of whales whatsoever. But there are a number of non-terrorist groups that can, like the International Whaling Commission. There are over 200 whale biologists working for the IWC, and there are zero whale biologists working for Sea Shepherd. Violent criminals with no science backing them - wow, that's going to be really effective.

There are a number of societies like the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society, and they work through promotion of reserves and scientific conservation principles instead of sabotage and self-aggrandizing stunts. This man does not care for whales. He cares only for himself.

The claim about subsistence hunting is pretty hilarious too. Because subsistence is not a "welfare" concept. It means taking for the purpose of both consumption and trade. They can't export because the law prohibits that. But trading whale meat/muktuk etc. for cash, gas, or grass is exactly what they do with it. They sell the baleen on the streets of Fairbanks and elsewhere for cash. I see them most often on the East side on College Road and Old Steese.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top