View Single Post
Old 17th February 2020, 12:14 AM   #4
Doghouse Reilly
Adrift on an uncharted sea

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
There's a good list here of the absurdly lenient sentences handed out to child killers in NZ here: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...bjectid=196458

I would have thought the time to address this law was after the Kahui twins' murder, when not one of the twelve people present told the cops a thing.

On the other side, one of the Hole in the Wall Gang is a mate of mine (not Simon Kerr) and he served eight years for it. Stole loads of cash, never harmed anyone.
While I understand your point and don't want to derail the thread, I don't think it's fair to say that stealing loads of cash doesn't harm anyone. I understand that he's a friend of yours, but such crimes absolutely harm society, and depending on the circumstances of the theft, can harm individuals severely in ways not fully understood by the perpetrators of such crimes.
Doghouse Reilly is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top