Thread: RIP Holden
View Single Post
Old 17th February 2020, 11:50 AM   #18
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
GM's level of stupidity when it comes to Holden is unmatched. Several years ago, GM considered the idea of rebadging the Holden Ute and selling them in the U.S. This could have been an out of the park home run, done properly, by making it a Chevy and calling it an El Camino.
But no, that'd make far too much sense. So, when they did float the idea, it was going to be a Pontiac. Because, you know, Pontiac had a long history of making a car/truck hi-bred in way whatsoever. To this day I believe whoever is running GM has a bunch of Ford stock.

Well, they actually did exactly that in South Africa with the model I had that I mentioned earlier

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden..._(South_Africa)

A 1970 Holden HT Ute assembled in South Africa and
rebadged as a Chevrolet El Camino utility

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top