View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2015, 06:06 PM   #93
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Maartenn100 View Post
I want to call it the anecdote fallacy. It's the fallacy wich says: "it's an anecdote, so it must be wrong." Or 'the professor eye witnessed the experiment, so he must be wrong because eye witness testimony is not reliable'". That's a fallacy.
OK, here is an anecdote. Six years ago when I was in hospital after a heart attack, I had a second heart attack, and apparently was a "code blue", and got rushed into intensive care and rightly so). I stopped breathing, which I suppose could be described as near death. Nearly 16 hours later, I woke with a tube stuck down my throat, and heaps of "stuff on poles" attached to me in recovery with a couple of my kids in the room.

The entire time of my "near death" from start to finish is a complete blank. No dreams, no "light at the end of the tunnel". Nothing at all, save I remember collapsing, and remember waking up. This is my non eye witness testimony as to what happened to me, as I was literally not there, or anywhere else during those 16 hours.

Norm

Last edited by fromdownunder; 23rd April 2015 at 06:54 PM.
fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top