View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2015, 06:15 PM   #94
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Originally Posted by Maartenn100 View Post
I'm all for scientific explanations of an NDE-experience but it seems every time I hear or read someone try and give a rational explanation for an NDE it doesn't even come close to explaining what people have described, other than explaining what might be the tunnel with a light at the end. what about all the other things which have been described by so many people? Just seems like the skeptics really have nothing substantial to offer to explain these trips people take.
Nothing substantial is really needed to counteract what isn't substantially supported, is it?

And for pete's sake, stop with the whining already; it's unseemly. You were the one who appealed to science- sorry, but you don't get to change its terms and necessities when you suddenly find the real thing doesn't work for you. That is disrespectful of the thing you once wanted, kind of like deciding after a divorce that your ex was always really just a terrible human being anyway. Get over it already; acknowledge your woo as woo, believe it if you want, and move on.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top