View Single Post
Old 5th July 2017, 06:36 AM   #219
3point14
Pi

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
I am comparing the general reactions of this death to the one of the guy trying to use paper to stop a bullet. No one seemed to find laughing over his death to be distasteful, while many in this thread seemed to think that blaming the dead man here was wrong.

I was trying to figure out when it is ok to laugh at someones death.

I see.

I must confess, the book shooting idiot raised a chuckle from me. Does that make me a bad person? Idiot ends up dead after being idiot is a funny thing - there was a whole website so successful it generated a book dedicated to idiots and their idiotic deaths.

The fellow in N Korea is less funny because he was less of an idiot - although committing any sort of crime while in a totalitarian state that's so poor and so sanctioned that it has nothing to lose does climb fairly high on the idiot scale. - This one is less funny because of the malicious human actors involved, I think.

Anyone that wraps themselves in the Union Flag and also lives in tax exile is a [redacted]
3point14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top