View Single Post
Old 6th July 2017, 02:09 PM   #225
mgidm86
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
What crime do you think he committed, and what is the evidence for this?
If I went to North Korea I would assume I could be arrested for doing nothing wrong at all, which is one reason I would never go.

Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
I think that there are two possibilities and that either one is more reasonable than that Mr. Warmbier took down a banner. First, it was an inebriated Mr. Gratton who allegedly went running off and disappeared for several hours. BTW it was Mr. Gratton who indicated that he and Mr. Warbier did not get their customary wake-up call, making them late. Therefore, perhaps he was the intended target, and someone mistakenly grabbed Mr. Warmbier. Alternatively, the North Koreans might have grabbed Warmbier even knowing that it was Gratton who was alone for some period of time (one that coincided with the alleged taking down of the banner). Time quoted Phil Robertson, deputy Asia director of Human Rights Watch: “When North Korea gets into a diplomatic dispute with the U.S. government, they like to grab any American they can find and use them as bargaining chips.”

Sounds like North Korea to me. What they did was disgusting and wrong, but they did it and I would think that most people aren't that surprised.

To anyone who is shocked - surprise surprise - not all countries are as gung-ho for open borders and all that other crap as some here in the US are. People live in a bubble these days - look at the idiot Olympian who got in trouble in Brazil. Another arrogant American is all Warmbier was to NK.