Thread: [Continuation] Brexit: Now What? 9 Below Zero
View Single Post
Old 14th February 2020, 05:50 PM   #2985
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
Sorry, but no. In a democracy it is the responsibility of every voter to properly inform themselves about the issues and people they are voting for. It really isn't that difficult to do. If they can't be bothered to do that, if they happily swallow the most transparent of lies simply because they appeal to their prejudices, they are responsible for the inevitable consequences.
When multiple newspapers and politicians from the party of government blatantly and consistently lie for decades, and even the more reliable news sources 'balance' experts with liars I can accept that people will be taken in. Casting stones at the people who fell for it might make those of us who didn't feel better but the real blame is with the people with power and influence who manipulated them for their own gain. I'd sooner that ire was aimed at the likes of Boris Johnson than some prat who believed Johnson's fairy tails.

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top