View Single Post
Old 5th August 2016, 03:25 AM   #293
Distracted1
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Fine.
Of course there is a chance that Trump will be bothered by Pence getting more screen time and more column-inches. And even if that doesn't bother Trump, he is going to negate almost everything Pence says. That is how it has worked up until now.

OK.
Interventions are successful only if the person has the desire and the power to change. I assert Trump has neither.

Trump can run all the anti-Hillary ads he wants (or more precisely, can run all the anti-Hillary ads he can afford), Clinton has a ground game and is using poll data to target voters very precisely. Trump, however, wants to run his campaign and Trump is against using data, he believes rallies are the key to victory. Also, Clinton can outspend him.

As I said, if we see a new Trump I will gladly admit to being wrong and will not whine if you say "I told you so."
I am not suggesting we will start seeing a "new" Trump. Rather, we may start seeing/hearing much less from the old Trump. His team must surely realize that the only path left is to make this election a lot less about him- and a lot more about Hillary.