View Single Post
Old 29th November 2020, 03:41 PM   #3011
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

New York, especially the downstate area, could possibly be in line for more state-mandated shutdowns as cases continue to rise.
Quote:
The coronavirus pandemic continued its resurgence in New York on Saturday, with metrics presented by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo on Sunday showing the public health crisis is reaching levels not seen in the state in months..."This is a new phase for COVID," the governor warned on a conference call with reporters on Sunday. "The numbers are going up. Not as fast as in other states, but the numbers are going up."...The rise in hospitalizations is particularly worrisome, Cuomo said, as it could strain the capacity of hospitals to care for sick patients if the trend continues. Cuomo said he would discuss on Monday a plan to combat the virus through the winter. Newsday link (normally paywalled)
We'll be watching to see what is announced this week. At my job, and in the neighborhood, most of the people I know prefer to err on the side of caution. Quite a few have predicted we may be headed for another non-essential business shutdown and we all agree, that would be okay. One man, a trump fanatic, was making noise about New York ordering holiday gatherings be limited in size. He angrily said Cuomo could go screw himself. This man said he would have at least thirty people to his home for Thanksgiving, family and friends. Ironically, I think most of the guests didn't show up.

New York City has seen cases increase. Friday we recorded over 2,500 new cases, the most since early May but still many fewer than the peak in mid-April when we were at or over 8,000 per day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NYC New cases 11282020.jpg (57.2 KB, 12 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top