View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2019, 09:30 PM   #2324
Roboramma
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I'm calling voting for Trump racist regardless of the motivation. Even if I'm being unfair (which I'm not) why do you care? They're just Trump supporters.
When you say that voting for Trump is racist you are explicitly talking about the motivation for the vote, and ascribing it to racism. To then say that you call it racism regardless of the motivation is simply to admit that you aren't interested in the truth of your statement.

You then go on to say that we shouldn't care because they are just Trump supporters. And why shouldn't we care about whether or not the disparaging things we say about Trump supporters are true? Well, because they're racist...

Go to 10.
"... when people thought the Earth was flat, they were wrong. When people thought the Earth was spherical they were wrong. But if you think that thinking the Earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the Earth is flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together."
Isaac Asimov
Roboramma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top