View Single Post
Old 27th September 2017, 03:08 AM   #136
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by Darth Rotor View Post
Uppie, old friend, why do you assume a cop is guilty until proven innocent? Are cops not our fellow citizens? Does due process not apply to our officers as well?

Nice. Appeal to emotion, appeal to lynch mob mentality. No, that's not how we do it when we do it right.
Slow down. I'm questioning Bikewer's claim, not appealing to emotion. It is a valid question whether or not a system can accurately and objectively evaluate itself or whether these types of cases should be judged by an outside third party. See the DOJ report on Ferguson, our county neighbor, for an acute example.

And I'm not assuming that any particular cop is guilty. I'm questioning that they always seem to be innocent, in St. Louis anyway. None of the claims of abuse are true, ever? On the rare occasion where a St. Louis cop is removed for racial profiling and is reported by fellow cops, he is shortly reinstated.

As I pointed out, there is, at the very least, an inherent conflict of interest when prosecutors and judges take the LEOs, that they depend on a daily basis, to court. That's a fair statement, right? If so, how much confidence can we have that justice is being served?