View Single Post
Old 27th September 2017, 09:08 PM   #143
Darth Rotor
Salted Sith Cynic

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
I'm questioning that they always seem to be innocent, in St. Louis anyway. ?
Uppie, you used to be a skeptic. (I get that you are close to the Ferguson case). You only know what you read in the papers. For your own enlightenment, why don't you do a modest search on the number of officers who have in fact been charged in cases of not treating the public well? Some have even been convicted. Try to look at the whole pizza, not just one slice.

Getting charged is a first step. As we saw in the Simi Valley case, there is still due process. (Read the Constitution, it's all in there).
And after due process didn't appease the emotions of (some people) what happened there? A riot.
Is that what you want?
That's where your post was heading, but I doubt that's what your heart wants.
If the courts don't say what your emotions are telling you, then what?
Quote:
As I pointed out, there is, at the very least, an inherent conflict of interest when prosecutors and judges take the LEOs, that they depend on a daily basis, to court. That's a fair statement, right? If so, how much confidence can we have that justice is being served?
I suggest that you take that attitude down to your local PD and let them know that you don't trust them. Then head over to the DA, and tell them. Then head over to the court house and tell the judges you don't trust them either.
That nice broad brush you are painting with is leaving streaks all over the wall.
Now, Uppie, if the Judges and Prosecutors are not to be the officers of the Court, who is? A Nice Local Lynch Mob? We had that kind of crap in Texas a century ago and I am glad we no longer do.
FFS, man, that's who we have: Judges and Prosecutors.
We pay their salaries with our taxes.
All of us. There isn't anyone else.
"Jesus wept, but did He laugh?"--F.H. Buckley____"There is one thing that was too great for God to show us when He walked upon our earth ... His mirth." --Chesterton__"If the barbarian in us is excised, so is our humanity."--D'rok__ "I only use my gun whenever kindness fails."-- Robert Earl Keen__"Sturgeon spares none.". -- The Marquis

Last edited by Darth Rotor; 27th September 2017 at 09:14 PM.
Darth Rotor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top