View Single Post
Old 1st October 2017, 07:29 AM   #160
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

I just realized I missed a bit:

Originally Posted by Darth Rotor View Post
Cold hard facts for you, Uppie. The DoJ hasn't the budget to come to every county in the US and do as you demand. Just out of curiosity, why did you leave your state government out of this? Did you forget a layer of government and Law Enforcement?
I never demanded that the DOJ try every police abuse case, only that it be an outside third party. That could be a state court, as long as it is not local. It could be a Kansas City court, just as long as it isn't people who work and rely on each other on a daily basis.

There were three reasons I brought up the federal case:
  1. It shows that legitimate police abuse does happen in St. Louis.
  2. The local prosecutors not only wouldn't charged the detective, they helped cover it up.
  3. An independent third party can successfully bring bad cops to justice where local justice systems cannot, supporting my overall thesis.

The unintended fourth reason was that I could find no other incidences of St. Louis cops facing justice within the St. Louis court system. Now, it is entirely possible that the federal case was the only genuine case of police abuse in the last ...oh, 10 years or so and it just so happened that the one case was tried outside the city court system. That, however, doesn't seem very likely.

I notice you avoided answering my question.

Last edited by Upchurch; 1st October 2017 at 07:40 AM.
Upchurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top